Technical Support and Tools
Most of these resources require Onyen log-in.
- Classroom Hotline provides on-site telephone support, as well as technology demonstrations to aid faculty in integrating technology into their teaching.
- ConnectCarolina houses data related to student services, human resources, payroll and finance. Faculty use ConnectCarolina to access course rosters, input final grades and manage other information pertaining to course administration.
- IT Help is the home for technology help, support and resources at UNC.
- ITS Teaching and Learning Division provides Carolina with the technical infrastructure, support and expertise to advance pedagogical outcomes.
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com is an online library of courses on software tools and skills available to faculty and staff.
- Qualtrics is a robust survey research tool giving anyone with an Onyen the opportunity to create and administer surveys.
- Canvas by Instructure is the campus’s main Learning Management System (LMS), providing an online space for courses listed in ConnectCarolina, non-credit training, and other instructional uses. Instructure offers resources on how to take advantage of Canvas’s features to enhance your course. While the LMS Sakai continues to be available for use at the University, it is being phased out, and it is recommended that instructors transition to Canvas.